Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Three quick comments

I picked up my comics for this week last night, and though I haven't had time to read all of them yet, I just wanted to post some thoughts on three of the ones I have read.

52 #21: (Trying to keep this sufficiently vague and spoiler-free...) At first, I thought it was out of character for Luthor to be so petty that he'd do what he did simply because he'd been insulted. Certainly, he wouldn't let it pass, but he'd have enough sense of perspective to inflict a more appropriate, less severe punishment. (I know there's precedent...I vaguely recall a story where he killed his personal trainer because she whooped his ass during a workout. It struck me as being out of character then, and it still does.) Then I considered that there was ANOTHER reason for his action...the way she kept talking about joining the Teen Titans. That was what did it. Insulting Luthor will get you disciplinary action, but disloyalty...that's a line you don't want to cross.

She-Hulk #12: Aww...Thanos was such an adorable little kid!

Batman #657: This kid, on the other hand, is about as far from adorable as you can get. (Secondary comment: The only other time I've seen The Spook was in his Who's Who entry, but as I recall from that, he was completely bald. Man, that must be one excellent toupee for Damian to be able to hoist up his head that way!)

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Hey, Erich! Proper email coming soonish...)

Husky Jr. Thanos! I love it! This was even better than my old idea of Thanos the Cosmic Cure-Fan...

Between the Living Tribunal, the Spook, and the (or a) Matador, it was a good week for appearances of Characters I Inexplicably Like...

--Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home