Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Like Your Alligator Underoos

I just got back from a concert by one of my favorite local bands, AnnaNicoleMiner's Daughter...and I'm not just saying they're a favorite because lead singer Jen Caldwell is a friend of mine from the theater, but because they seriously rock. Their set included a couple of covers of familiar tunes ("Gigantic" by The Pixies and "I Wanna Get High" by Cypress Hill), but consisted primarily of original compositions...all of which I really enjoyed. Among my favorite tunes were "Gatsby," "Freaky Little Woman," "I'm Wearing an Orange Tank Top," and the joyfully catchy "Alligator" (from whence the title of this post).

Equally rockin' was the preceding act, Attractive Eighties Women, a band fronted by Mack Williams, an animator from 70-30 Productions (source of several Cartoon Network programs).

Not much else to say, but I just wanted to give a shout-out and contribute whatever minuscule publicity boost I can.

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger maryk said...

hey Erich!
Holla!
couldn't make it to the concert, but woulda if i coulda.

i gotsmea blog, too!
Check out the links on the right side of it for many familiar faces...well blogfaces. Blogs, really, just blogs, not faces. Your's reminds me a little of scott's (crackhead900.blogspot.com)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger maryk said...

i didn't put the link to mine, there, but if you click on my name, it'll take you there. scroll down for "moisten manapkin."

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger cruchic said...

glad you like the band and glad it's not just because of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home