Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Another Quick Comment

A very interesting revelation in this week's JSA Classified:

Alan Scott's voice sounds like Robert Mitchum's.

I wouldn't have thought of that...I don't think I ever gave it much thought, but I would've imagined Alan Scott's voice as closer to Henry Fonda's or Ralph Bellamy's...maybe even Alan Ladd's (and not just because of Martin Nodell's statement that he'd originally intended to name the character Alan Ladd as a play on "Aladdin"). However, the similarity to Mitchum pushes GL's already-high cool factor right through the roof.

I would've thought Wildcat was a more likely candidate for a Mitchum voice...but if Alan's got Mitchum, I suppose Ted Grant sounds like John Garfield. Which is pretty damn cool, as well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I missed that completely. But Alan is deinitely too cool for words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home