Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

CAW Concluded: Dave Stevens



And to conclude, I couldn't let the week go by without taking note of a master of the form (so to speak): Dave Stevens, represented here with his "Return of Valkyrie" cover from Eclipse's Airboy #5.

And, because turnabout is fair play (and because I've neglected the "Beefcake" aspect of Cheesecake/ Beefcake Appreciation Week), I present a link to Laura Molina's Naked Dave paintings. Warning: Highly personal and emotional facts are contained therein. After reading it, I've completely lost all respect for Dave Stevens as a person, though I still admire his artwork...it's that old Richard Wagner "the artist vs. the work" dilemma, which is another reason I've chosen the Valkyrie piece over any of his other covers or panels.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like his work...maybe she ought to compare notes with brinke Stevens. And just what's wrong with pinup art? It's been good to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home