Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Musical Monday: John Stewart Sings Badfinger

When I got this sketch, "Green Lantern: Mosaic" was in full swing, and I had recently watched The Magic Christian for the first time. Hearing the haunting Badfinger ballad "Carry On Till Tomorrow," it struck me how the lyrics could apply to John Stewart's situation. Cully Hamner obliged with this striking portrait.
In younger days, I told myself
My life would be my own,
And I'd leave the place
Where sunshine never shone.
For my life's too short for waiting,
When I see the setting sun,
Then I know again
That I must carry on...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Very nice! You just can't go wrong with John.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home