Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What I Sang 1/30

I wasn't expecting there to be any karaoke at O'Terrill's tonight, as I'd heard it was being discontinued...but to my surprise, it's back (albeit with a new system and new DJ). I don't know what the story is behind the change, but in any case, here's the rundown of "What I Sang":

"Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop
"Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money
"Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch (as I'd planned to do last week)
"Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes
"Lucky Number" by Lene Lovich (unfortunately, I got thrown off by the fact that the karaoke screen got the lyrics completely wrong in several places...I probably would have done better going by memory).

One observation about the new system...at the front of the songbooks is a page of directions and "karaoke etiquette" guidelines. One of the notes is: "This is karaoke, not open mic night." I don't think Ben's gonna be happy with that...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home