Fish-Flavored Baseball Bat

It's a John Cleese reference.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Woohoo!

Kalinara pointed me towards Newsarama's preview of the upcoming Rucka/Williams Batwoman mini. As promising as it looks, and as much as I'm looking forward to it, what's got me really excited is the mention of another of Todd Klein's projects:

"He also says he’s working on a Man-Thing story that was written by the late Steve Gerber back in the ’90s."

YES! YES! A visit to Klein's page confirms it: The long-awaited Steve Gerber/Kevin Nowlan Man-Thing graphic novel! (Well, "long-awaited" by the relatively few who were aware that one was planned...) Klein states that he isn't sure what the published title will be, but I remember it originally being announced as "Screenplay of the Living Dead Man"--a follow-up to the classic Man-Thing #12 story "Song-Cry of the Living Dead Man." Words fail me!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger Sleestak said...

Sigh. The inevitable up tick in interest whenever a creator dies.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Erich said...

Yes, I'm regretting the tone of my post...I was just so excited about the prospect of finally seeing this, that I neglected to note the tragedy that it took Gerber's passing for Marvel to get off their asses and finally let it see the light of day.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Chris K said...

FUCK, YEAH!

Thanks for posting this; I'd completely missed it. I asked Kevin Nowlan about the status of the book when he was at DragonCon... Jesus, in the mid-90s... and it was "long awaited" _then_. And from what he said, it sounded like they were both pretty much done with the book and were waiting for Marvel to sign off on it. And we all continued to wait...

I also remember the book as "Screenplay of the Living Dead Man." (Although I think I heard this from _you_...) I'd looked forward to an older, wiser, but no less acidic Gerber revisiting his "young turk" era Song-Cry. Though I wasn't ready for Gerber to be making any final statements, I think we could do worse than this one...

--Chris K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home